Spirii develops and provides world-class charging products and digital solutions to customers with electric cars. Our Digital Development department is proud to drive a listen, learn, and lead culture that allows us to constantly improve our ways of working. As Engineering Manager, you help ensure that the right solutions are designed, developed, delivered, and maintained according to plans working in an agile environment along with product managers, designers, technical leaders, software developers, and QA engineers. You will be the people manager for two of our engineering teams and engage with departments internally in Spirii as well as external consultants to drive our software development projects.
You will report to the Head of Engineering.
What You Will Do
- Software Development projects and execution of sprints according to plans
- Ensuring the best architectural decisions are made for existing and new projects
- Coaching and mentoring your teams into delivering high quality software solutions
- Foster technical knowledge sharing among team members
- Continuous improvement of software development processes
- The onboarding process of new software developers
Together with your team, your key business deliverables will be:
- Day-to-day planning of development tasks and tracking of progress
- Detailed specification of tasks, user stories based on feature requests and requirements from product management
- Work breakdown of larger development projects into epics, user stories and tasks
- Planning and execution of quality assurance measures, e.g., manual regression test and user acceptance tests
- Demonstration of new features or software components for internal stakeholders
- Technical support to internal users and stakeholders
- Release management
Who You Are
- Enjoys cultivating an environment where innovative technologies are explored, and skill sets are continuously expanded
- Ambitious on behalf of our customers, our company and yourself, whilst focusing on excellent execution
- Have a high sense of ownership in your work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels in an organization
- A passion to positively influence team member’s personal development journey
- Care about how your work and attitude affect those who are around you - you are an active participant not only in technical activities but in creating an open and friendly environment in the team
- Previously worked independently, while being a valuable team player
The ideal candidate has relevant experience with development of digital cloud-based solutions in an agile start-up environment and can take the responsibility for leading a team of developers.
We further look for a candidate with the following experience and personal traits:
- Relevant technical graduate degree at minimum bachelor level (engineer).
- +3 years’ experience from similar role as Engineering manager
- Software development experience (backend or full-stack, database development)
- Microservices and REST APIs.
- Code review and coaching other developers.
- Manual and automatic testing of software solutions.
- Relevant SW project management tools (Jira, Trello, Confluence, Notion, etc.)
- Working with Agile teams
Great skills to have, experiences with:
- Deployment in cloud environments (AWS)
- App development and release management
- eMobility industry
- Finance Products
- Linux/Unix servers, docker, scripting and network communication
- Experience in eMobility industry is a plus (OCPP, OCPI, ISO-15118)
It is important for us to create a healthy, diverse, fun, and creative working environment, so besides all the basic benefits, we also focus a lot on social activities, flexible working hours and a good work life balance.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, along with a company pension plan
- Opportunity to work in a high growth industry and make a significant impact
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Two innovation days per month for YOU to choose what you work on
- Professional development opportunities and growth potential within the company
- Excellent office coffee (we mean it!)
The position is a permanent position in Copenhagen, Denmark. Danish language is not a requirement, but Fluent English language skills are required.
About Spirii – Who We Are
Spirii is a full-service e-Mobility provider, which offers hardware and software charging solutions to companies in the private and the public sector. Spirii has recently celebrated its four-year anniversary as a founded company, however the people in Spirii have extensive experience working with electric cars and charging, as well as development of future transport- and energy systems.
Spirii is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Spirii strives to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation, or disability.
If you have the skills and passion to drive our product design efforts to the next level, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.